WRITE FOR BEYOND WORDS
Please note the following when considering submitting to Beyond Words.
• Word count: Articles are 350 – 500 words for short articles and 500 – 800 words for in-depth articles.
• Tone: Inclusive, accessible and positive. Beyond Words articles are meant to add value to the lives of its readers. Negativity or shaming of any kind simply does not provide a quality product to our readers. Please feel free to peruse the Beyond Words site and get a feel for the tone and mood of our posts.
• Original Content: Posts that have been submitted or published anywhere else on the web will not be considered. Posts submitted to us must be original to Beyond Words.
• Bio and promotion: Posts will include a byline and a link to your brief bio (3 sentences maximum) containing links to all your articles, as well as your website and/or social media accounts. You will also be asked to submit a photo for your bio page. This photo should be focused on you and have as little distraction in it as possible. Professional photos are preferred, but anything showcasing you and your face is acceptable.
• Accepted posts: You will hear back from us within 15 days regarding your submission, whether we choose to publish it or not. Please allow us this time to carefully go over your submission and determine whether or not it is suitable for Beyond Words at the time of your submission.
• By submitting to Beyond Words you acknowledge that you accept our terms, and any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the Beyond Words editorial team. Edits will be made known to you before publication.
• Scroll through below to find out more about our submission process, including contact information for submissions.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN SUBMISSIONS
Our posts are meant to make readers feel included and appreciated in the conversation we have here at Beyond Words. Please look through each section’s summary below to determine where your piece will be most appropriate and if it meets the criteria set forth.
• #Day and Night (Entertainment) – These articles should discuss music, movies, books, art, and activities that our readers either currently enjoy or may not have heard of and can be provided a review or suggestion pointing them in the direction of something new and exciting.
• #Day Tripper (Travel) – These articles showcase destinations, modes of transportation, staycation ideas, and anything else related to travel that can inspire our readers for their next getaway or a simple escape from everyday life.
• #Glamfordable – (Fashion and Style) These articles are fashion and style-focused. They may be about current trends, designers, retailers, fashion blogs and style-based social media accounts, current deals, beauty, shopping, tutorials, interior design and decorating, and virtually anything glam and chic. Your beauty and fashion posts should be just as accessible to the fashionista or makeup artist as they are to the fashion newbie and beauty beginner.
• #Soul Balance – (Overall Well-being) These articles are about anything related to everyday living, including new products, cooking and recipes, health and fitness, relaxation, spirituality, and philanthropy. Posts here are meant to provide eye-opening and interesting ways to find or maintain balance in the fast-paced world in which we all live.
Why Write for Beyond Words?
1. You can inspire others.
Beyond Words readers come to us to find inspiration, ignite creativity, and spark ideas and productivity. Your articles could be the launching point for readers all over the world to try something new, research something they would never otherwise have heard of, or give second thoughts to ideas now presented to them in a new way.
2. You’ll be on your way to publishing success.
You will have your own bio page with ways for readers to find all your work on Beyond Words as well as links to your own personal website(s).
3. Our editorial team cares about your work.
Our team of editors will work with you on your piece to make sure it’s the best it can be and ensure that it reaches the highest number of readers possible.
What to send to us when submitting:
• Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email.
• Any relevant images for your post. (Please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc). Only send images that you own.
• Your brief bio (3 sentences maximum) with links to your website and social media pages. Please put any relevant links in brackets like this, both in your bio, and in the piece: [http://facebook.com/BeyondWordsMag].
• A headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
Please send all of the above to [email]email@example.com[/email]